Wednesday, October 20, 2004

the devil is a lie




Yesterday they closed the expressway I use to go home. I left work at 4:30 and got to my destination at 8:30pm. No road rage…I went to the book store, and there was this great program on NPR…more on that later. At that moment I realized that this is not how I will live my life…living to work. This morning I picked up a book that I have been reading off and on for about a month…I turned to a random page and read the following… “Our basic needs should be based on the fulfillment of our heart’s desire, not the latest style, or how to intensely fill the few ‘leisure’ hours we have when not working at a job we hate” I don’t hate my job. Actually it’s a good job. The people are swell and I enjoy being around them, but this is not how I will live my life. I refuse to by into the lie. The lie about what you have to do. I don’t have to work a unfulfilling job because that what people do. It’s a myth. Hear is what he book had to say about he myth. “This is your life- not a myth. Let your life be one that inspires myth making – don’t make your life a slave to the myths of the past.

1 Comments:

Blogger QG said...

Bwahahaaaa!!! You used "swell" in a complete sentence not related to shopping at Target. Yes, that's what stuck out for me in that entire post.

October 20, 2004 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home