Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Ira

Anyone remember the cartoon kid that spent his time daydreaming he was a cowboy, jet pilot, or astronaut? I have spent most of my life daydreaming. The daydream usually depends on what's going on my life. The earliest daydreams I remember involved being a part of a large family...like eight is enuf or the brady bunch but with people that looked a little more like me. When I was younger the day dreams were vague. Around twelve the most reoccurring day dream involved meeting my wife in college, getting married, having kids and working on restoring my '69 mustang in the driveway of what I can only describe as a cape cod style house that must have been in suburban new england. As an adult my daydreams are much more frequent and very detailed. Painfully detailed. Yesterday the daydream was...thanks to David Sedaris...was to buy a home in rural France and restore it myself. Today after researching David...I went to the NPR site, and discovered my most current day dream. To submit stories to NPR...more specifically This American Life. I want to be Ira Glass. I have always wanted to run away form home and I can submit stories from anywhere in the world. Submitting stories for public radio I could incorporate things I love...writing, music...and being a research dork. I'm off to daydream...you kids play nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home