Tuesday, January 18, 2005

400 Degrees

Life is so brief. I really want to live my life to its fullest. I want to see new things touch new people, walk the earth and actually live. Most people I know don’t really live life, not even the life they know. They exist. I don’t want to exist. I want to live. Sorry, tirade over.

So, ahhh yeah I stared my new gig last night. It’s waiting tables at a local restaurant in a good part of town. The clientele is great people order $100 bottles of wine like they are picking up a pack of double mint at the local quickie mart. I waited on a local DJ last night, which seemed weird. I don’t listen to his station often because I don’t really like the music and I don’t particularly like his on air personality. But in person he seemed to be a pretty ok dude and into his wife which is really nice to see. Anyway, I really need the gig, as some of you know I am going to be getting married this summer and I need the extra scratch. Planning everything from the engagement to flying out to ask her curmudgeon of a dad for her hand, to the photographer and everything in between can be a bit overwhelming at times but actually its kind of fun. Being the slacker that I was , I also need to tie up some loose ends financially and consolidate my defecation in general. I’m really excited about the opportunity to put away some extra cash and the people I will be working with will make it interesting…one extra pale fellow was rapping the words “Bishop projects, like a throw back” from the Juvie song all night. If nothing people are entertaining. Hopefully I’ll make a real post later on today.


6 Comments:

Blogger Apocalypse said...

yeah, married...thats old news you gotta keep up. ;)

January 18, 2005 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger greggy said...

What's flowing AA? Hey thanks for dropping on my spot, appreciate the stop. Hey your blog won me over as a regular visitor just from the post with the graphic on the bottom of your page...LOL! Ya see, this boy most definitely old skool! Seriously bro, I dig the vibe on your page and as such will add ya to my links page straight up...p.s..congrats on just about e'erthing that be looking up for you, no matter what it be! Peace!

January 18, 2005 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Kazumi said...

So wait, does L know you are getting married??

January 18, 2005 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

$100 bottles of wine like they are picking up a pack of double mint at the local quickie mart...Big Spenders...Dig that...I'll keep you posted

January 18, 2005 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Good luck with the new gig, and your future marrige..Great blog..

January 19, 2005 at 3:03 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

Thanks everyone.
Kajuana- it is L silly!!! have you been sniffing glue again?

January 19, 2005 at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home