Wednesday, January 12, 2005

- cause niggas will party, and bullshit, and party...and bullshit...

Urban media observation- I listen to 5 to 6 radio stations in the morning. The local independent station from the time I get up, NPR for a hour or so then I skip between 2 “urban” format stations, the alternative rock station and Air America. The ‘urban’ stations: one did a parody of the Usher, Luda, and Lil John remake of lover and friends called ugly friend. I know it was a parody because right before the song an announcer declared, “This is another ____ ______ parody! (ECHO, echo…), after that there was a story on DeAngelo’ s latest DUI, and drug possession charge. I couldn’t tell what the other station was doing besides talking loud and laughing at their own jokes. I feel I understand the entertainment factor needed in drive time radio, but the audience is diverse and should be presented with a wider range of relevant issues. I also understand that every station has a number of songs that they have to play every hour, but may times if you change stations they are playing the same song. I know I should just unplug from the matrix for the few hours that I am in the car each day and just shut up, but it would be nice to have some variety when I do turn on the radio.

-Blogg award for the frist person who can tell me where I got the title for this blog entry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meka said...

Party & Bullshit by Biggie Smalls before he got sued and had to change his name to Notorious B.I.G. It was his first single (not including his underground stuff). It's on the Who's the Man soundtrack.

I want my award too:)

January 12, 2005 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

sorry...good try the song Im talking about came out 30 years before the Biggie n Pac joint...but nice try young lion.

January 12, 2005 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Meka said...

Damn, who was it then? Don't leave me in suspense...

January 12, 2005 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Kazumi said...

Last Poets??

January 12, 2005 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

Kajuana- You are correct!!!! "....and party, and bullshit, and party and bullshit...... till the revolution comes..."
your dad must have had a good record collection.

for your prize, I'll add the digital camera you want to your birthday package.

January 12, 2005 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home