Thursday, February 03, 2005

State of the union address-


Since I have been pulling 16 hour days seven days a week, things have changed. I look at life a little different. Last night I heard excerpts of the (p)residents state of the union address. To be totally candid I agreed with a lot of what I heard, I need to listen to the full address sometime today or read the transcript if I get a chance. I was immediately struck by what I call the rat poison syndrome. It’s a syndrome that I feel a lot of (l)eaders fall into. Rat poison is 90% corn (good for you) 10% arsenic…that 10% will kill you. The older I get the more conservative I get, but the (p)resident has an anti-Christ quality that I find disturbing. Everyday the world seems to turn into a Ray Bradbury novel, with Orwellian overtones. The world seems to be drinking the Kool-Aid of their choice. I’m not really going to get into this…

I do want to make an announcement. (ahem) Look people, let me help you from looking bad while eating out. If you don’t want to tip your server…go to Burger Kill, or McGenocide. If you go to a ½ way decent restaurant where the average entrée price is $30 follow the following rules.

  1. Do not run the server ragged and then tip 10%. That is so tacky. Servers get paid $2 an hour and work off of tips, they have to pay a tip out to the bar, and back waiters, and that percentage is taken from their net sales. If you have a gift certificate don’t tip off of the reduced amount, again the server is paying on net sales. The bare minimum tip is 15% if you received poor service.

  1. Don’t order a $40 dollar steak and ask for A1 sauce. Only do that at the Waffle House at 3am.

  1. Don’t seat your self. You can do that at home. I’ve seen a couple asked to sit in a booth on a busy night. The more the check is, the more a server makes. 2 people sitting in a six person booth all night long is akin to someone messing with your paycheck.

  1. If it’s busy don’t camp out. Be considerate.

  1. Tarter sauce doesn’t go on everything.

  1. Be nice to your server, they have access to your food before you do.

  1. If you order a lobster don’t use the bib.

  1. Don’t take small children. Again…cook or take them to Burger Kill, they have a playground.

Please and thank you work well. Eating out is not an opportunity to redirect personal issues on a complete stranger.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

I TOTALLY 2ND THAT!!!!

missed you.

February 3, 2005 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

He talked a good game...Lets see if he can back it up...I'llkeep you posted

February 3, 2005 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Dawg, I am totally feeling #6-"Be nice to your server, they have access to your food before you do." 'nuff said

February 3, 2005 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home