Thursday, January 27, 2005

Joy comes in the morning-



I wake up early- between 4:30 and 5am. I have to get out of the house before 6am and I need time to do a quick workout, make my morning juice of carrots, beets, and spinach usually get my clothes together and make my protein shake (MET-Rx, and rice milk), shower, and roll out. Every morning I listen to something, most of the time it’s a local community radio station. Most mornings it’s a different show, personal finance, casual conversation, return of the boom bap…ect. This morning it was the revolutionary show for the 2Pac, Bob Marly sect of revolutionaries. They were talking about being a soldier and being ready to die for ‘the cause’, a caller called in a was taking about peace and he was mocked on the air. I have a fairly long history with revolutionaries. It started in or around the 8th grade when I discovered the Black Panther Party. I read everything I could get my hands on from Soul on Ice to going to the large downtown library and read copied of the Panther news paper on microfiche. After doing all the research I could possibly do with my 8th grade education I decided to find out where the Panthers were now. A few had been killed by the police, some had been murdered under mysterious circumstances, and one Bobby…had gone on a evangelical tour with a white, Christian, preacher, later been arrested for passing bad checks, only to come back with a BBQ book. A barbecue book, called Que’n With Bobby. From revolutionary to BBQ book author. COINTELPRO very much taken into consideration. This is the common vein that I have found with 90% of the revolutionaries that I have come in contact with. In the wash all you end up with is pictures of people on T-shirts. Or a community radio personality touting Revolution over FCC controlled airwaves. This is Babylon, only Babylon can topple Babylon. (Footnote: see the history of Rome, or Greece)

Clear decisive, uncompromising action must be taken. Do and Assata and leave. Or put your gun down and put books in hands…I’m rambling…what brought me to this is an Emory Law professor has a plan of action as a response to Bill Cosby’s national finger shaking tour.

Thank you- That is all

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Hey Warren. Tight post as usual my man. But definitely food for thought. I didn't know that some of the "riders of the storm" would end up doing something so "against the grain" -What happened to their causes and fights against the establishment? Gone as time goes by I suppose.

January 27, 2005 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

I think that there were alot to things aginst them and they were only human...I didnt even talk about H Rap Brown...I had the pleasure of meeting the brother on a few occasians, when I met hem he was doing community outreach now he is in jail where he will porobaly spend the rest of his life.

"ridiers on the storm" have you heard the snoop song with that name?

January 27, 2005 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Man, how can anyone forget that track? What I'd like to know is who was the original group that made the song? Was it Bon Jovi? I just remember the lyrics:
Like a dog without a bone - An actor all alone - Riders on the storm - There’s a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin’ like a toad - Something about a long holiday and children play -lol

January 27, 2005 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

The song is by the Doors...you can get a snipit of it on Amazon.com ....tight song...

January 28, 2005 at 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home