Monday, April 04, 2005

120

Listening to the radio last week I heard a musician joking that his theory is that the Apocalypse has already happened, and the people left didn't make the cut. Its not a thought that hasn’t been touched on many times before, in science fiction writing and I believe loosely by the Martrix. The Pope is dead, and there might be a black one...we will know when the black smoke rises from the Vatican City. A black Pope? Not being Catholic I really don’t grokk the whole Pope thing, but I can recognize the effect that the people has on millions of people around the world, what if they Pope looked like me? Not as handsome, but at lease with melanin. I'm at a weird place in my life right now. I went to get a shirt made for my future proposal to the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, and as I was getting measured I for the first time in my life realized something. The thought creped into my mind that I probably will not own a Aston Martin. I probably will not be able to pay cash for my dream home. Realistically, if I am a good steward of my money I will be able to raise my children comfortably, send them to college and retire at a decent age. Reality. What an interesting concept.

Idle chatter- I ordered a Holga a few weeks ago and just got it today. I can't wait to run the first roll thur it...I'll post any interesting ones.

7 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Hey Warren. I'm laughing at the joke about the Apocalypse. I guess that's an interesting take on it huh man? Don't start getting cold feet on us dawg! You're doing just great. The journey is worth the ride aight? By the way, was that Holga pricey? Can't wait to see what interesting pics you'll be showing!

April 4, 2005 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

it will definitely be the end of the world if there is ever a black pope. racism is alive and well eventhough people ignore it.

April 4, 2005 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

Hey Luke- No cold feet here, just like I said embracing reality. Belive me I cant wait to be married...I just want the canine and equestrian extravaganza to be over with. The holga is cheap...its a toy camera and a good way to get into medium format photography. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/essays/vanRiper/010706.htm

April 5, 2005 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

There have been two black popes before...we can do it again

April 5, 2005 at 5:53 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

wow,...i learned something new today

April 5, 2005 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

Update us on the Holga when you have the chance, if you don't mind doing so. :)

April 10, 2005 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

I just bought a cam myself.

April 10, 2005 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home