Friday, March 04, 2005

Twenty five cents.



Yesterday I was going to do a post about Piggy Bank- the not so new offer by Curtis J. But I can’t really give that any more energy.

O-Dub asked on his blog something like what do you consider cheating. Is it only cheating if physical contact is made? For me crossing the line of disrespect is cheating. Cheating is interesting. Correction. Correction cheating isn’t interesting peoples reaction to it is. In my family not unlike many it’s almost expected that men will cheat. End of story. I have a friend that recently found out that her longtime boyfriend had cheated on her again and her response to me was “As long as he takes care of me, I don’t care what he does” I felt sad, that an attractive, educated person would have a position like that but hey, (enter cliché of the moment here). It’s almost like we are sent the wrong messages from early in childhood.

-Mr. Right

Talking to a co-worker I was amazed at how people still try to fit into roles in relationships. Most people are multifaceted individuals that do easily fit into a ‘role’ why do we look for people to fit into a slot instead of letting them make their own?

4 Comments:

Blogger Liza Valentino said...

Oh my, the last line of this is a GREAT question. I don't know...I guess we just always have this view of who we want in our life and what everybody has to be...Man that is a good ass question...

As far as cheating, I hate this conversation. It's so freakin relative. Different strokes for different folks. (no pun intended) Some people draw the line at talking, others at kisses, still others at full-on sexual contact.
But I do know ol' girl is crazy for that position she took. I started a post about people like that months ago when I was listening to a song that said "i don't care about those other girls, just be good to me"...people will only give you what you show them you can take....

Alright lemme stop rambling on here...nice post. Now that I've refound your URL, I'll be back. lol

March 4, 2005 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Soulfularies echoed my sentiments. The post itself was already deep, and then the last question pretty much put a different spin and perspective on the story. First, What is cheating? I think your answer is perfect. Crossing the line of disrespect is cheating. But I think it varies from couple to couple and individual to individual. I have thoughts of what cheating isn't that some other people think that it is.

The mindset of your friend is not that uncommon man. Some women and men feel like that. As long as they are not suffering or losing something at home, then they are cool. Good post man. See you in Genosha...

March 6, 2005 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger greggy said...

As most will probably agree, cheating seems to be relative to each individual couple. I agree once you cross the line of disrespect for your mate there really isn't any grey area. What disrespect is or isn't per se should be something that has already been clearly defined in a relationship early on I would think. Of course that's just my spin on it. Nice post.

March 6, 2005 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

Good post. I happen to think that sometimes when people give/or affilate themselves w/ "role" titles in a relationshi, that it can (at times) be VERY hinderous to it...or even ruin it.

March 7, 2005 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home