Monday, October 04, 2004

Family Values...

First a disclaimer: I love my family but I don’t know if I like them…at least one side of the family.

So, fucking DNA donor says hey I need some help blah, blah…I’m like I’ll be there…no questions…I’ll be there. I drive almost an hour one-way to do this should have been aborted, pinky ring wearing fucker a favor. So I go help the sorry ass oxygen-fucking thief do his embarrassing ass favor. After we finish…well I finish, he goes into his usual pathetic bullshit laden rant about future plans for his offspring. I listen politely; ask the same ‘as if I’m remotely interested’ questions as if I believe he is capable of anything other than being a lying, disloyal, degenerate excuse for someone with a x chromosome. All while never letting my eyes leave the movie I’m watching…great movie by the way some jury movie with Gene Hackman. So other family shows up, and their entire time there no one said anything positive to/about me the entire time. I don’t see how people can do that. I would seem difficult for me to be negative to someone the entire time I was around them. Hate is a strong word…and I don’t think it applies here. But I will say that I would rather be tied up and forced to listen to the entire works of Usher and be subjected to the complete collection of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence movies, while being forced to eat potted meat, capers and pimento cheese sandwiched.

Fuck ‘em with had cuffs on. …up against the wall.
Other than that my weekend was lovely…all my sports teams won…I didn’t get to play golf because of spending time with my lovely, caring, supportive family above, but than that…it was a great weekend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you wanna hear something real sad? i know what capers are. well, tehnically, i know. and i looked at the jar to see exactly what they were made of, and the fucker said:

::capers, salt, water.::

how pissed was i?

i, too, call my father a sperm donor. my mom had reeeeeeeeeally bad taste in men... which might be where mine stem from.

damn me and my dam of resistance.

play golf with me?

October 4, 2004 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*stems

October 4, 2004 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger QG said...

So why'd you agree to help him? What happened to Lauren? How has his behavior as a "father" affected you as a man?

October 4, 2004 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Wow, we have the same dad! No seriously,...there is a painting called, 'Waiting On Daddy" that totally describes my experience. I loved my dad blindly and he could do no wrong. I will never forget the blowout fight that caused my mother to leave and divorce the man that was once her childhood sweetheart. My dad would try to get back at my mom through us. Early on, my sister saw through it all and and never really believed a word he'd say. Me? Well, I was the one with the bag packed waiting on my daddy who always said, "I'm leaving the house now and I am on the way." Never to show up. This would only piss off my mom and in turn, she granted him a "ROYAL CUSSIN' OUT!" My mom passed on in 94 and since then, I have learned to just love him and accept him. He is who he is and he is who I have known him to be. Now, I just don't depend on him. I don't rely on his word. I just have a dad. Sometimes (when he hasn't been drinking) he is funny as hell,...when he has (been drinking) I stay away. After accepting that, I'm much happier.

Like Dayrell, I have to wonder how that affects my love life. I know I am very pessimistic and synical when it comes to guys I date and I always question their sincerity.

Anywaz,....accept your dad because if he never did anything right, he had you and that's something.

Oh yeah and sports wise,...Albany State University beat Tuskeegee, The Falcons won, the Braves won,....It was all good

October 4, 2004 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 5, 2004 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

D- Im always down for some golf...

QG- Like I told him a few years back, he was the best example of what not to do...I think he made me a good father, a better son...a better person...the thought of being like him is the best motivation ever.
Lauryn is still very much in the picture...but this was a post about my wonderful father.
I helped him because I dont belive that you are judged on the actions of others...but on your actions. So I treat him like a 'friend', not a dad..if he needs something I act as I would if a neghbor asked to to help with gutters...no big deal...its just being around him is a challenge.

Jazzy- Yeah...Ive been on the front porch a few times too...until around 12 or 13 when he decided that I lived too far (diffrent side of town) and decided that I could take the bus.

October 5, 2004 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home