Tuesday, February 22, 2005

SBF seeking SBM



Is there a stigma associated with single women over the age of thirty? I work with two women over thirty and single. Before I started working here I never really paid attention to single women. If so, I bought whatever story they were selling about, how they were happy, and focusing on a career yadda, yadda, yadda. Mostly because I didn’t care, partly because I used to accept everything people said at face value, kind of a benefit of a doubt stance. But here, one of the single women is very…transparent. She’s close to if not yet 40, physically attractive, successful, attractive and frankly…a train wreck. I have a nick name for most of the people that I work with. Her nick name is ‘tourette’. Here is a sample conversation. T: “what are you drinking?” AA: “Protein shake” T: “Why? Are you trying to say that I’m fat? (note: she’s not in my opinion at all fat shes probably a size 8) What are you anorexic?” …I used to take offence, but now I see her differently. The other is 31 has a banging BB (before baby) body I mean BANGIN’, very smart, loves the Lord so much she visits him 3 days a week at church. She still lives at home and once during a lunch at a local restaurant laughed out loud at the victims of the California mudslides and said “That’s what they get…they should have moved”. Why is it so hard for people to find a compatible mate for those who realize that is what they want out of life? I really believe that there is someone out there for everybody How do they find each other? Personally I think the start is having knowledge of self and speaking the truth. I think people should stop saying they don’t want to be married…99% of the time, I think it’s a lie. We designed to be with another person...at least thats what the good book says...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Why is it so hard for people to find a compatible mate for those who realize that is what they want out of life?My opinion is that it's because most people start to believe their own bullshit, rather than accept who they really are.

We tell ourselves lies to make ourselves feel better about our flaws and over time we begin to think that our lies are truths...so we look for someone who will be compatible with who we think we are rather that with the person we actually are.

People need to accept that compatibility means being compatible with you you are rather than with who you think you are.

And if you don't love yourself for who you are, ain't no one out there who's gonna do it for you...

February 22, 2005 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

(mouth open)...I really belive you hit it on the head. I ran across a person I know on Yahoo personals...and her profile was almost 100% fabrication...GOOD POINT!

February 23, 2005 at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home